Having the support of a psychologist-coach during the fertility process can help to live each phase of the treatment in a much healthier and adaptive way. The psychologist-coach teaches us to manage different emotions (anger, anxiety, apathy) that stem from uncertainty about the treatment’s outcome.
Provide the tools to make decisions and solve the problems that may arise.
- Learning to manage uncertainty and encourage perseverance, motivation and determination during the process.
- Intervene and teach to deal with conflicts that may arise with your partner or other family members due to stress.
- Learning to live with fears, insecurities, doubts and all the emotions that may arise during the process.
- Deal effectively with peer pressure and the detrimental effect that the different circles of friends or family can have on you, and to build and strengthen positive relationships and habits.
- Adopt the tools needed in order to learn to relax and relieve stress . It has been shown that the use of relaxation techniques, meditation and breathing favors gestation.
- Build self-confidence and sense of self-worth.
All women and couples who begin a treatment of reproduction in Fertilab can benefit from the emotional and psychological learning due to its nature as a support tool. Moreover, this support, as a method of prevention and training, also can significantly improve the welfare and life quality.